Makhana (puffed lotus seeds) 50 g (app 2 cups)
Ghee 1 tsp
Milk 1¼ litre
Sugar ¼ cup
Condensed milk ¼ tin (100 ml)
Almonds 15 to 20 (slivered thin)
Pistachios 10 to 15 (slivered thin)
Saffron 1 pinch
- Cut makhana into halves and roast them in ghee on a low flame. take less than a handful of roasted makhana and crush and crush them well.
- Heat milk in wide-bottomed pan and let it reduce in quantity to three-fourths its volume.
- Add makhana (whole as also crushed) and let it cook for 10 minutes on a low flame.
- Add sugar and condensed milk and let it cook on a low flame till sugar is completely dissolved and makhana is very soft.
- Add saffron dissolve in milk and garnish with slivered pistachios and almonds.
- Serve hot or chilled as desired.