Potato ½ kg tsp
Paneer 200 g
Shelled peas 1 cup
Onion 3 (medium-sized)
Tomato 3 (Indian size big)
Ginger-Garlic paste 1 tbsp
Amchur 1 tsp or 2 scales of tamarind (soaked)
Chilli powder 1½ tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ½ tsp
Garam masala powder 1 tsp
Salt 1 ¼ tsp or to taste
Oil 2 tbsp
Finely diced coriander leaves 2 or 3 tbsp
- Peel the potatoes and after washing cube them into 1″ pieces.
- Cube paneer also into 1″ pieces.
- Make make a paste of onion in the blender along with tamarind. (In case of preference for amchur skip tamarind and add amchur along with the other spices).
- Puree the tomatoes and set aside.
- Heat oil in a wok and let the cumin seeds splutter. Add the onion paste, ginger-garlic paste and saute till the raw smell is gone. Keeping a low flame add all the spices (except garam masala powder)and salt. Saute for a minute or two and add tomato puree.
- When the mix thickens and starts giving out oil, add potatoes and pressure cook for one whistle.
- When the cooker is ready to be opened, add paneer pieces and shelled peas and cook for minute or two till the peas are done.
- Add garam masala powder and cook for another minute.
- Garnish with coriander leaves and serve hot.