Cauliflower 1 (medium-sized)
Potatoes 4 (medium-sized)
Onion 2 (medium-sized)
Shelled green peas ½ cup (optional)
Tomatoes 2 (big)
Cilantro leaves 1 tbsp (finely cut)
Oil 1 tbsp
Cumin seeds 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder 1 tsp
Salt 1 tsp or as per taste
Amchur ¾ tsp
- Cut the cauliflower into small florets and wash and drain them. Peel the potatoes and cut into finger-sized pieces.
- Dice finely the onions and tomatoes.
- Heat oil in a wok and temper the cumin seeds. As soon as they splutter add the finely diced onions and saute till it changes color and looks translucent.
- Add finely cut tomatoes and saute till the tomatoes are half-cooked. Add the spices and salt and if need be a little amount of water to keep the mix moist. Cover with a lid and cook till the spices start giving aroma (about 3 minutes).
- Add the cauliflower florets, peas, and potatoes and cook on slow flame till done. Add little water if needed to keep the mix moist.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves and serve,
Peas and onion are optional and the veggie can be made without them too.