Cauliflower (medium) cut into small pieces (0.5 cm) 2 cups
Shelled peas 1 cup
Coconut grated 2 tbsp
Chana dal ¼ cup
Toor dal ¼ cup
Red chilli powder ½ tsp
Salt 1 tsp
Turmeric ¼ tsp
Cooking oil 1 tbsp
Mustard 1 tsp
Coriander leaves diced fine 1 tbsp
- Soak the dals for 30 minutes and grind to a coarse texture along with turmeric, chilli powder and half quantity salt.
- Transfer to a greased bowl and in another bowl take the cut vegetables and add the remaining salt to it and mix.
- Steam the bowls placed one above the other in a cooker (no weight please) for 10 minutes.
- Crumble the dal when it cools.
- Heat oil in a wok and temper the mustard seeds, and saute the dal for 2 or 3 minutes on low flame. Add coconut and stir well.
- Maintain the low flame and add the veggies and cook for 5 minutes or less till done