Green bell pepper 2 (medium-sized)
Rice 1 cup
Salt 1 tsp
Oil 1 tbsp
Ghee 1 tsp
Mustard seeds 1 tsp
Lemon juice 1 tbsp
Peanuts 2 tbsp
Coriander seeds 1tbsp
Dry Red chilies 3
Peppercorn ¼ tsp (about 10)
Cumin seeds ½ tsp
Chana dal 1 tsp
Urad dal 1 tsp
Coconut 2 tbsp
Cinnamon 1″ piece
- Wash the rice well in water, add ½ tsp oil, half the salt and cook in 2 cups of water in pressure cooker.
- Spread the cooked rice on a plate and let it cool so that the grains separate.
- While the rice is getting cooked, roast the peanuts and powder it coarsely and keep aside.
- On a low flame roast all the masala ingredients in the following order: Cinnamon, red chillies, pepper, cumin seeds, coriander seeds, dals and finally coconut. when the mix cools blitz it to a fine powder in a blender.
- Dice the bell pepper into julienne. Heat the remaining oil in a wok and let the mustard seeds splutter. Add capsicum and saute on a low flame till cooked. Add salt, mix and transfer the rice, powdered masala, powdered peanuts and mix gently . Add hot ghee and mix to get a grainy texture.
- Remove from flame and add lemon juice and mix well.
Chef’s Note: It is optional to add onions in case you like onion-capsicum combo. Saute the onions and the add bell pepper.
If u prefer tamarind to lemon juice (I prefer lemon in this dish) Add tamarind scales to masala mix and powder