Often, when we are bored or deeply engrossed in a book, sitcom or an exciting cricket match or any other sports event for that matter, we like to munch on something crispy and often it turns out to be a deep-fried dish! For peanut lovers here is a simple but delightfully healthy crispy that takes very little oil but tastes equally good. It takes just about 10 minutes to make this dish!
Shelled peanuts 1 cup (can be normal or roasted)
Gram flour 2 tbsp
Rice flour 1 tbsp
Oil 1 tbsp (or less)
Red chilli powder 1 tsp
Cumin powder ½ tsp
Coriander powder 1 tsp
Dry mango powder (Amchur) 1 tsp
Turmeric powder ¼ tsp
Salt ½ tsp
- Take the peanuts in a wide bowl and add water to soak them. Drain off the water in less than a minute so the peanuts remain moist but do not get too soft.
- Add the spices , gram flour, rice flour, and oil, and mix well with the help of a fork or using your fingers to get a crumb like consistency.
- Sprinkle very small amounts of water to the mix to get “just enough” binding of the flour and spices to the peanuts.
- Grease a glass or ceramic bowl and transfer the mix and spread evenly.
- Keep the microwave setting at 900 and microwave for 2 minutes initially. Change the setting to 600 and microwave for another 4 minutes to get crisp and yummy peanuts.
Chef’s Note Please DO NOT use the mix-prepared bowl to microwave as the base is coated with flour and is likely to give a burnt base. For those who do not mind a sweet tinge, add a pinch of sugar to the mix as it adds to crispness. If you like it spicy you can add ½ tsp chat masala or garam masala along with the spices.